<< >>
justin = { main feed , music , code , askjf , pubkey };recent comments
search

Recent comments:

Posted by Justin on Sun 29 Mar 2020 at 23:01 from 71.167.52.x
The cotton mask has paper filters in between (there's a shell and a liner).

Posted by bee on Sun 29 Mar 2020 at 20:34 from 95.148.58.x
heh- wowzers- try a painters or gas mask > either will fully protect you from most anything! the shabby felt/material ones are next to useless (imo)
i used to run on the spot at high speed..decent workout and no need to mingle in the jungle ;) although getting 'fresh' air obviously has the advantages over indoor activities in some respects..
be well,stay safer- do not feed the fear factor +shine your inner light outwards!
bless.

Posted by Justin on Sun 29 Mar 2020 at 15:18 from 71.167.52.x
(also, still running in public when the (bad) weather permits)

Posted by Justin on Sun 29 Mar 2020 at 15:17 from 71.167.52.x
schmoe -- the mask works OK, not great for running or biking though, too much movement and it's too heavy for that I think?

bee -- it's not penny pinching, it's wanting to not take a mask from someone who needs it more urgently than I do.

Posted by bee on Sun 29 Mar 2020 at 09:33 from 95.148.58.x
lol-- the 'make your own mask' thing is seriously penny pinching (for a multi_millionaire!)
+the video reminds me of a rat stuck in the maze-while the scientists watch on :P

Posted by schmoe on Sat 28 Mar 2020 at 18:44 from 172.218.181.x
How's that mask working out? Are you running in public again or is that not allowed amymore anyway?

Posted by bee on Fri 27 Mar 2020 at 17:00 from 2.26.240.x
btw- when adding a comment here now..the font size is incredibly tiny until posted+viewed (jfyi)

Posted by bee on Fri 27 Mar 2020 at 16:58 from 2.26.240.x
try running backwards..or sideways ;) = whole different experience!

Posted by macbrains on Mon 23 Mar 2020 at 17:15 from 95.151.177.x
head to> Antarctica! but leave the shorts @ home... i hear the bug does not like the cold ;)

Posted by Gio on Fri 20 Mar 2020 at 19:37 from 85.72.89.x
A friend of mine was telling me how disappointed she was when she found out that her boyfriend's legs were smoother than hers.

Posted by Justin on Fri 20 Mar 2020 at 12:09 from 108.30.215.x
So you're saying I should shave my legs?!

NY finally getting a "stay home" order, phew.

Posted by Gio on Thu 19 Mar 2020 at 05:50 from 85.72.89.x
Not into hairy legs but that doesn't stop me to leave a comment. It's good to hear that you are taking precaution measurements, it's good for you but for other members of society too, especially the loved ones. I have also practicing social distancing from the very start, I see it as some kind of responsibility after reading about all the mess around the world, and programming thankfully is a good company to spend some time in an isolated environment (home). Here in GR the government was somehow immediate in taking various measurements and bans but the immaturity of a large portion of the society is scary. For example they banned restaurants, night clubs, cinema and anything related to public gathering but some people ignored all that and where organizing/doing beach parties without any protection or whatever. I mean there are times I question the decision capability of the average person or their intention to follow some very basic rules for the overall public safety; and in general it's very difficult to deal with that kind of people. But, I was expecting NYC to have a more sophisticated reaction on such matters, here it's mostly village mentality...

Anyway keep it safe and enjoyable, I always believed that a person that cares about himself/herself always aims for the long-term of any situation.

Posted by Justin on Wed 04 Mar 2020 at 08:30 from 108.30.215.x
Yeah, on my re-install I just got the things installed I needed, didn't bother with anything else. I usually boot that machine to Ubuntu... (it might have been an ubuntu grub update that lost the bitlocker key? I'll never know!)

Posted by Gio on Wed 04 Mar 2020 at 05:54 from 94.70.31.x
Hmm, very interesting...

Posted by Gio on Wed 04 Mar 2020 at 05:45 from 94.70.31.x
Windows is in a sad state. From new year I reverted from Linux to Win10 for my dev machine, the truth is that I missed Windows after a long absence. Working with it with no problems since then; but I am afraid to do anything, the OS is pretty much stock with an install of VS and that's it. And on every update I just cross my fingers... All other machines are a flavor of Debian or Slackware to get the feeling that I am in control.

Posted by Justin on Sun 01 Dec 2019 at 10:46 from 108.30.215.x
and by tricky I mean, not practical for real world use (you can *hope* that the system will draw your bitmap before you need to resize it in response to a user action, but can you ever know???).

Posted by Justin on Sun 01 Dec 2019 at 10:13 from 108.30.215.x
Just a note -- if you use wantsLayer/drawsAsync, you need to make sure your source bitmap is persistent and not resized until it gets drawn. So it's a bit tricky sometimes.

Posted by Colin on Wed 27 Nov 2019 at 04:09 from 93.220.15.x
Thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated!

Posted by bawake on Wed 25 Sep 2019 at 21:33 from 2.25.95.x
voice is coming along now...your really starting to open up!!
you have hidden powers..let them out! ;)

Posted by bawake on Wed 25 Sep 2019 at 21:30 from 2.25.95.x
interesting choice of lampshades!! obviously,it makes everything much better sounding..kinda grass hat style! portable echo chamber!
tunes are coming along.. welldone.

Posted by Chris on Fri 20 Sep 2019 at 10:13 from 204.13.44.x
Wow, wantsLayer and drawsAsync made a night and day difference here - thanks for this deep dive. The obscure, ever changing nature of this issue has definitely been a bear.

Posted by Justin on Mon 05 Aug 2019 at 20:40 from 108.30.215.x
ah nice! I should try the drawsAsynchronously attribute... though I might still need to use metal in order to do partial updates and out-of-context updates...

Posted by Daniel X on Sun 04 Aug 2019 at 10:38 from 174.56.59.x
I was having the same problem (and have been following your saga since 2017, when I first became aware of similar issues, first with Cairo, now with my own library)

Anyway, I just stumbled upon somebody's git commit and it solved my issue (and how!)

github.com/aseprite/laf/commit/cf9...

My code which draws a CGImage, then some more stuff on top of it, went from < 5fps full screen to 100+, on a 5k iMac.

Posted by irb on Tue 16 Jul 2019 at 07:42 from 2.26.240.x
=) ahhh yesyes...generations of musical tastes..
a question that need only be answered by thyself= "do i want to be a rockstar,or king coder?"
wish you great learning!

Posted by Justin on Sat 13 Jul 2019 at 22:46 from 108.30.215.x
At different times in my life, definitely. RHCP - BSSM was a big influence to the 13 year-old me...

Posted by bri on Fri 12 Jul 2019 at 07:50 from 2.26.240.x
heh-nice....really like the band morphing thing.. ;)
few bum notes..but overall, it sounds very much like your getting good band unity going--timing is tighter-passion+skill increases,as confidence grows!
i guess a lot of music is about total confidence- in 1's own performances/abilities +others around..
tbh though-the guy sitting down on stage,did'nt really work forme* :p
keep going... eventually it will all just snap into place. synchonized_ synchronicity! =)

question: "did you have 1 song that really used to energize you as a younger person? any 1 song/style in particular have a massive inspiration effect??"

Posted by bri on Thu 06 Jun 2019 at 14:19 from 2.26.240.x
kool-- heh,as much i admire running+runners-- i leave it to the pro's!! hop on a bike,and off we go!! =)
i reckon the cold dip done something...after listening to todays streams am noticing a tightening of drum timings+ your voice is beginning to...shine! ;)
ya got a great voicing,please release it! --> goodstuffs-

Posted by br i on Wed 22 May 2019 at 12:37 from 2.26.240.x
😎 good feedback-- ya know- i reckon super8 could also help to expand a bands arrangements,as each player could then focus more on harmonizing extra parts--it's not only great for practice-but also fuller compositions..lol anywayz..
artwork: would this art design end up on a cd/dvd,or just for personal uses?
you do realize--when all is said n done--these works will become 'famous' in their own right..s. ;) keep flowing!!
t4s.

jfyi-- when streaming content from main feed- if 1 switches to this comment page,stream ceases :/
happy dayz though!

Posted by Justin on Tue 21 May 2019 at 20:00 from 108.30.215.x
Some of them are named after the fact... I haven't used super8 in a while, I don't usually use it when playing with others. When playing alone sometimes I'll use it and just jam live as if it were a performance, other times I'll get different grooves going, then export them to a .rpp for editing.. and then other times I'll just record things to a click or freeform in REAPER without super8. Lately it's been non-super8, I think the last time I used it was February...

Posted by b ri on Tue 21 May 2019 at 13:41 from 2.26.240.x
heh-do we all just ❤️ computers? ㋛
still,without such machines some good stuff could not be expressed so well.. !
nice switching with the recordings--many tracks..many names.. u must have great memory/+memories?!
+question= do you mainly use js super8 for your own 'personal projects/practicings??
thanX.

Posted by Justin on Mon 20 May 2019 at 11:11 from 217.63.102.x
Yeah computer crashed while out of town, doh! will have it back up in the next 24h

Posted by b ri on Mon 20 May 2019 at 05:52 from 2.26.240.x
hey justin...better check the player=broken..no trackings will play today :/
20/05/2019

Posted by br i on Sun 19 May 2019 at 09:20 from 2.26.240.x
wow--is it a van with repeating skidding tyre marks..or a predator style alien facemask with tentacled dreadlocks? ;)
the little splash of colour> really sets it off..
sweeet.

Posted by irb on Sat 30 Mar 2019 at 23:00 from 95.145.189.x
hey justin...after checkin both 'i once could spell' + 'stupidity around me'...i reckon you got a great voice,but your holding back! ..let it out!! just a little more..you have it inside..let it out mayyyng. ;)
be free,like the dove..^above^ ;) 1luv.

Posted by b irb on Fri 22 Mar 2019 at 08:56 from 95.145.189.x
hmm..quite agree.. dove from above=1love!

Posted by irb on Wed 20 Mar 2019 at 18:57 from 95.145.189.x
lolz-oh kool....shame about the memory corruption though ;)
i suffer the same fate,since many head trauma...memory recall has suffered as a result.. also remember having the recoil style early in life,and the eventual 'phone lock thingy' -lolz...sighz..
i say lines,as the pun,,but many artists have really,really unique ..lines..strokes..brush technique.. figure this to be like a soft pencil..hb or something.? graphite,plumbago is an amazing element!
+have always been a sketcher,even sonically,since from when i remember...heh.gj.

Posted by Justin on Wed 20 Mar 2019 at 18:03 from 108.30.215.x
was at a friend's house, and there was a book of "492 things to draw" or something, that was one of them (rotary phone). So it was pretty much from memory, but I couldnt't remember which way the numbers went (and where the finger-stop was)...

Posted by bri on Sat 16 Mar 2019 at 12:11 from 95.151.177.x
hmm,some interesting lines here-and nice you look at the old+new! there was something unique about the dialer-the mechanical movements..waiting for each recoil ectetc..heh =)
do you have 1? or just an interesting subject?

Posted by ibr on Sat 22 Dec 2018 at 06:00 from 2.28.235.x
lol-- the vocals are fine...although,i do feel you seem to,hold back a little..? let your vbox shine like a star!!
thanx so much for sharing these creations justin,and all your crew members.

Posted by Justin on Fri 21 Dec 2018 at 11:43 from 108.30.215.x
By fixing I mean removing a vocal part haha

Posted by bri on Fri 21 Dec 2018 at 05:53 from 2.28.235.x
it's a great thing being 2x better at fixing-than breaking!! =)
onwards.!

Posted by Justin on Thu 20 Dec 2018 at 19:19 from 108.30.215.x
Hmm try that again actually, that might have been my fault (rerendering the mp3 to fix an issue, doh!)

Posted by bri on Thu 20 Dec 2018 at 18:48 from 2.28.235.x
hey-jfyi-the new plisting seems to be glitching @ dy trk 8/9// both firefox+ms edge.. see here> drive.google.com/open?id=1DPMqdNxN...
ty.

Posted by bir on Thu 20 Dec 2018 at 06:30 from 2.28.235.x
still no joy...using firefox today..

Posted by Justin on Wed 19 Dec 2018 at 15:25 from 108.30.215.x
hmm, still? They're working fine here for me...

Posted by b r i on Tue 18 Dec 2018 at 06:43 from 2.28.235.x
hey-the mini web players seem to be broken today justin.. files load-no play though!

Posted by Gio on Sat 15 Dec 2018 at 04:45 from 79.130.161.x
We love it anyway, but I guess that would help.

Posted by Justin on Fri 14 Dec 2018 at 14:49 from 108.30.215.x
Hmm I think the only real problem is the embedding of youtube videos, perhaps I should change those to simple links.

Posted by bri on Fri 14 Dec 2018 at 06:49 from 2.28.235.x
great workings-with more to follow...! +ty

Posted by Gio on Fri 14 Dec 2018 at 00:20 from 79.130.185.x
Hmm, I thought about it for a moment and the thing that stand out from the old format was the logical separation. You had a nice place dedicated for music delivery and discovery that become WHUMP and lost its charm, then you had your blog for things you typed and then you had your youtube channel for videos and it was nice to make a choice depending the mood; that made sense back then and I think still do today.

Nowadays, in contrast you have turned your blog to a random feed of stuff slow to load. I'd rather have a link like -Yes, Exactly, Yes! December 2019- point to a playlist at youtube from loading all those youtube frames in the blog. Or if you like it the way it is make some kind of taxonomy and place tags videos/text/music. Finally, definitely kill the autoload...
search : Copyright © 2020 Justin Frankel